Tuesday 25 January 2011

Before designing this character, I had created a story already, because a story helps a lot in developing a good character. Why ? Because as an animator we have to think about what would make a character special, funny, interesting and character traits are often related to stories (or vice-versa) !
So here is the story that I came up with for Canarnyon's character design (The story that helped me in the design of this character). ---> Here is a brief summary of the story.

Canarnyon is 10 years old and very smart, actually he is a genius but he has no choice but to keep it a secret form his friends, from fear to get rejected. Life in school isn't a piece of cake, he always gets the best grades in his year and has made a lot of enemies. Canarnyon decides to create his own gang at school so that he can protect himself and his friends from a rival gang that hates nerds.
He is very smart, very good at video games andat farming (Only 2 of these things are meant to be kept secret, 1: Genius 2.Son of a farmer).


This is a quick summary of what inspired me into coming up with this design and character idea. After thinking a lot, I realized that this idea might be a little bit boring. So I have decided to change everything, I want to turn Canarnyon into a girl instead of a boy, and instead of her being a genius, I want her to be half- witch half fairy with powers.

So here we go, let's turn canarnyon into a girl !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment